Being a responsible global employer is also offering the best working conditions to its employees. We make diversity grow, foster dialogue and develop collaborative environments where everyone can express themselves!
Moving forward together, the mark of mutual commitment. This approach clearly reflects the company's position, which has always made people's development, engagement and commitment one of its main areas of progress.
Respect for people is a historic value of the company. It means that your development, your engagement and your commitment are at the heart of our concerns and at the heart of the company's performance.
Conducted annually since 2013 to all Michelin employees, this survey is designed to measure the commitment of company employees and to collect their feelings about their well-being at work.
Deployed across the company, 91% of employees participated in 2017, for an engagement rate of 80%. Michelin has set itself the ambitious goal of achieving and maintaining an employee engagement rate of 85% by 2020.
The pride of belonging to the company, the importance of the quality of MICHELIN products and services, the primary concern for the safety of people and confidence in the future are points of excellence revealed by the study.
Reviewing the results is an opportunity to engage in dialogue and to reflect together on concrete actions that are carried out at the team level, the site, the country and the company. This study is performed annually.
Moving forward together reaffirms the values that drive us and presents the commitments we make and those we expect from you.François Menegaux
- Facilitate the choices and direction of everyone in the company with visible paths
- Match each career path with a dedicated career manager
- Give everyone the means to realize their full potential
- Devote their talent to the company and advance their level of professionalism
- Be autonomous and responsible for their own career
- Seize development opportunities through job, profession or location changes
they support teams around the world to coach employees in their development and projects
- Offer position training to each newcomer
- Consider training and tutoring as a business investment
The employee's commitment:
- Be proactive and acquire new skills
- Fully engage in the training and development opportunities offered by the company
More than 4,000 people are trained each day across the company
A management style of trust that empowers and develops each one
- Provide a management style that is in line with the company's values, available, responsive and fulfilling its commitments
- Facilitating the achievement of everyone's objectives, in particular through management that empowers, sets clear objectives, supports the process and helps identify ways of progress
- Equip managers with training and assess their competencies
The employee's commitment:
- Practice company values and assume the responsibilities entrusted by their manager
- Contribute to team objective achievements
- Develop a relationship of trust and transparency with their manager